Friday, August 26, 2011

Promise by Kristie Cook


Good Reads Description:

Alexis Ames decides to learn who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their secrets closely. After meeting Tristan Knight and discovering that he s not normal either, the secrets begin to unravel. Their union brings promise to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy. Because they are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.

Thoughts..

First off, the cover and book description do not do this book justice.  This book was so much better than I thought. It had it all.  Soul mates, intriguing supernatural elements, action, and suspense.  I haven't heard much about this book so I didn't have high expectations, but I was pleasantly suprised.  Right from the beginning the book grabs you and pulls you in.  Alexis is in the dark for most of the book regarding why she is the "freak" that she is.  So you are reading quickly just to solve that mystery and then you are introduced to Tristen.  You have to keep reading to find out what his role will play in the story. Through it all the the suspense keeps you reading and you cannot put the book down. In fact, I barely did. I started reading this on a Saturday night and  at 2:30 on Sunday afternoon I was looking for the next book in the series. 

Tristan and Alexis have such a powerful love that you get wrapped into it and try to get one step ahead of them to figure out what might happen next for them.  You just always feel like something is just lurking around the corner (which is kind of was). Most of the things, I just never saw them coming.  The end of the book...I PROMISE not to give anything away, but let me just say HEART WRENCHING!  I NEED the next book right away.

I cannot forget to mention that I thought this was a young adult book (which is fine, I love YA too), but was pleasantly surprised that this was more of a college age - adult book.  It had more adult themes in the bedroom. :) That was a nice change from the constant fade to black that you get accustomed to in YA novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment