Friday, May 6, 2011

The Fallen Series

The Fallen Series By Lauren Kate



Goodreads Summaries:

Fallen

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her

Torment

Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel. It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students -Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous. What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else? The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series . . . where love never dies.



I would like to do just a quick review on the Fallen series by Lauren Kate.  I read Fallen some time last year so the details are a little foggy, but I read Torment just a couple months ago. 

I want to like these books so much more than I do. Yet, I will keep reading them until Lauren Kate stops writing them.  It probably wouldn't matter if there were 10 books in the end; I would read them. Why you might ask? Well, I just need to know what happens. That's me though, I can't let things be. I always NEED closure!  These books don't give you closure. They leave everything wide open at the end just waiting for more and wondering what the hell just happened.

That's what keeps me reading each page. I keep reading so I can try to understand what is even going on. Everything is always a mystery to Luce since she is the new kid / human / can't remember her past 1000 lives...The whole idea of the series is interesting. I had never read anything about angels before so it was a fresh plot to me.  I loved the idea of the forbidden love between Luce and Daniel. (Honestly, Cam didn't seem like to bad of a back up plan either though...jk). This definitely kept me interested through out the first book. 



The second book frustrated me. Luce was shipped off to a boarding school and kept out of the loop. If Luce is kept out of the loop, that means you are kept out of the loop. There are no hidden clues for the reader to pick up on (and Luce to be oblivious too). No, we get to suffer right along with her and it started to piss me off.  I just didn't feel like I even understood the fights that Daniel and Luce would have or why ANYTHING happened the way it did. Then bam here comes the end and we, the readers, have to wait for the third book to figure out what will happen.

Gosh, I think I sound really negative right about now. Not trying to discourage anyone from reading these books because they were good books.  The plot just developed slowly. There is definitely enough mystery and suspense to keep you reading. Hence the reason I am impatiently awaiting the release of the third book, Passion (release date - June 14, 2011)



Have you read this yet? What are your thoughts? Tag your it...


No comments:

Post a Comment