Thursday, July 14, 2011

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare


Good Reads Description

As readers of series starter City of Bones already know, teenager Clary Fray is a Shadowhunter, a demon slayer who has the gift (?) of spotting Downworlder werewolves, vampires, and faeries. She is also an adolescent in an abnormally dysfunctional family: Her mom is in a magically induced coma and her father is probably insane and undoubtedly evil. All of which places Clary in situations that would challenge even the most talented average American girl.

Thoughts...

Well. I am writing this review less than 12 hours after I finished the first book in the series. SO...that should tell you something. No headaches after this one. For some reason, this one was easier for me to follow. I didn't feel like there was just too much being thrown at me as much; maybe I am just used to the writing style now. Whatever the case, I loved this book as well. 

As with the last, this book is packed with suspense. I never knew what was going to happen next. Many times, I was gasping because I never imagined that what happened, actually happened!  Another thing that adds to the suspense is the points of view. You are constantly bounced around. It actually pissed me off several times (lol). We get to an angsty part with Clary and dot dot dot. We are now following Jace and then dot dot dot. You get the picture.. We were left hanging constantly.

This is so hard for me to review without giving any spoilers because the second book is just building off of the first. There is still a love story present even if it isn't the love story that you wish it could be.  There is tons of action and suspense. I definitely recommend this book as well. I do dare say that I liked this one better than the first. Like I said, it seemed SO much EASIER for me to get into this one because the foundation was already provided.  I am definitley hooked...I can't write any more now. I am starting the 3rd book NOW! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment