Thursday, September 22, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Good Reads Description:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


Thoughts...

Awww! I loved this book. Do you ever feel like you just need to read something light and easy? I do. And this would be one of those books.  It was so cute and so sweet. I literally laughed out loud during some parts of the book.  There are a great set of characters in Anna and the French Kiss. Anna seems like a cool chick. She doesn't care too much what other kids think (for the most part). She is film junkie, aspring to me a film critic that wears a bleached stripe in her otherwise dark brown hair. Her father forces her to boarding school in France as it is the new cultural experience for children. Anna goes kicking and screaming the whole way. She doesn't want to leave her best friends in Atlanta behind. And she leaves just when things are getting good between her and her co-worker, Toph. On her first day, Anna meets her new neighbor, Meridith.  Life is lookin up for Anna after Meridith takers her under her wing and introduces her to her friends. Anna's new click. Life gets interesting when Anna literally runs into Etienne St. Clair.

I might have a little teen girl crush on St. Clair.  I love me an accent especialy an English accent.  St. Clair is from England, fluent in French as he spends much time in Franch due to it being his fathers home, and lives in the United States. Anna says it best when she calls him a mutt. That he is, but an oh, so sweet one.  Anna and St. Clair have wonderful chemistry.  They are honestly great friends. He is wonderful to her. I'm not sure what girl wouldn't want a St. Clair in her life.  As all guys in novels are never perfect, St. Clair's downfall (to me) was his weakness.  If you have already read the book, please don't think I am referring to his mother, father, or any other thing that happens to him. Those are justifiable reasons for holing yourself up in your room. No, St. Clair was weak and just plain stupid when it came to Ellie.  That bothered me several times throughout the book. 

Paris sounds so romantic and wonderful. After reading this, I want to go there immediately. (Hah, maybe in my dreams...) I loved every page of this book. It is a sweet and wonderful coming of age story.  Like I said, this a light and easy read, but I still couldn't put the book down. My cheeks actually hurt when I finished this book at 1:00 am this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment