Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack

I love it when the Twilight Saga soundtrack listings come out. It is like a mini-christmas.  If you know nothing of Izzy and Sassy, please know this, we LOVE music.  It is a huge part of our life.  So when a soundtrack comes out, we get the chance to listen to new bands that we probably would never have got to listen to otherwise. 

So this is a pretty simple post. We are going to list the songs on the soundtrack and also include a song by that artist so we can get a sample of their music. Just from a few quick clicks, I can already tell that I have at least a couple new bands albums that I will be downloading.

I must say that I am simply excited about this soundtrack because Carter Burwell is involved. We loved the first soundtrack and score the most out of the first three movies and just by sampling these artists, I have a feeling this will be a great soundtrack.

1. End Tapes By The Joy Formidable



2. Love Will Take You - Angus and Julia Stone

3. It Will Rain - Bruno Mars

4. Turning Page - Sleeping at Last

5. From Now On - The Features

6. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri



7. Neighbors - Theophilus London



8. I Didn't Mean It - The Belle Brigade



9. Sister Rosetta - Noisettes

10. Northern Lights - Cider Sky
Can't find a song by Cider Sky....???
11.  Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version) - Iron & Wine
      So freaking excited about this one. I absolutely love this song from the first soundtrack.  Now we get a wedding version?!?!

12. Requiem on Water - Imperial Mammoth
Can't find a song by them either...
13. Cold - Aqualung and Lucy Schwartz



14. Llovera - Mia Maestro

Nothing by her either, but that is probably because she hasn't recorded before (just my thoughts). I believe Mia Maestro is Carmen from the cast of Breaking Dawn.

15. Love Death Birth - Carter Burwell
    This little title pretty must sums up the entire series. Bella falls in love, dies, and is reborn a vampire. Or I guess Birth could be referencing Renesmee.  Who doesn't love Carter Burwell? He did an amazing job with the score for Twilight.  You can here a song from the score and instantly know where it belongs in the movie. (I hope that isn't from just watching the movie too many times. lol)




So what are everyone's thoughts? Are you excited?  We are so excited.  I have heard a lot of comments that they think the soundtrack will be too main stream.  I can agree. I love the indie sound to the previous soundtracks, but I am staying positive.  I already have a few new bands to check out.

What do you think of the Bruno Mars' song, It Will Rain?  I have no clue where they will put that song, but as a song, I absolutely love it!


*As always no copyright infringement intended. We just love music. Thanks to all the youtube users for posting these great songs by these amazing artists.*

No comments:

Post a Comment